Sunday, June 12, 2011

Down Beat Interview with Walter Bishop Jr.



Hey everyone, as promised, here is my surprise post. Merry Christmas! The pdf presented below is an interview from the March 1977 issue of Down Beat magazine. The interview was conducted by none other than Mr. Brett Primack. Primack is the guy who produced the Walter Bishop Jr. VHS Masterclass video back in 1987 (here is his website, he also goes by JazzVideoGuy on YouTube). I actually tracked down Primack when I was looking to get a copy of the Masterclass video but couldn't find one anywhere, but that is another story. Let me just say that I was surprised when I saw Primack's name on the byline. Obviously he must've been friends with the great Bish, I just wish that I could've shook Bish's hand and thank him for all that he has done in my life.

And without further ado, enjoy... (just click here or on the image below for the pdf)


Peace Out,
Big D

No comments:

Post a Comment